Sunday, December 27, 2009

Transferred to Southern Resistencia

22Dec2009

I was transferred this week to Southern Resistencia. My new companion is Elder Campos, also from Chili, he told me that I speak better Spanish than his last companion, who has a year or so more in the field, and people understand me a ton better just in this last week. Sometimes I need to say things a few times still but at the same time it is a relief to know that maybe I am doing OK. It is way harder to understand my companion now than my last, he speaks less clear and faster and he does not ennunciate as much. I am also understanding more, sometimes I just make a well educated guess at what they meant and continue if I don’t know for sure, sometimes it works sometimes no. But none the less, the language is coming, and I know with time I will be able to be just fine but I just have to study.
This week aside from the transfer, which was rough because I left a lot of good friends and stuff, Sister Mortensen and Elder Schneider, well all the Elders it was a good time with the members and I had finally gotten more settled in. But I am going to have a better opportunity to grow with the language here and leadership because I will probably be teaching English and have to speak a ton more in lessons and contacts and everything.
Jordan

3 comments:

  1. yo bro whats good? you sound like you're having a good time and learning a lot and all. just want to let u know that i miss u...call me anytime...i don't care about collect call charges. good luck, hows my wallet?, and see you soon...it's already been like 4 months wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha nice im sure it doesnt taste as good as our tri-tip though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i'm not really sure if you get to read this or not but it sounds like your having a good time. Sorry I haven't been able to write, I've been really busy with school. I'll explain more when I finally get to write. I know it was like three weeks ago, but I hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete